4/10/2011

Stella's New Room

We have completed part 2 of the big shift.
The boys are successfully downstairs,
and Stella has officially taken over their old room.

But first we had to do some serious overhauling
to make it into a room fit for a little girl.
It started with paint...hummingbird blue to be exact.

{the view from the hallway}

The inspiration for her room came when I walked through the fabric section
I knew I wasn't capable of making something adorable out of it,
but I had some pretty creative and talented friends to help.
I covered canvases I already had with the fabric,
bought a lamp from Target and
trimmed it with matching ribbon (I can work a glue gun)
and painted the boys old bookshelf pink (spray paint is my favorite).
Preston came up with the picture arrangement,
and I think he did a fine job!


Grandma Lund bought her an Anywhere Chair for her first birthday.
Allie did all of the vinyl....the birds, the birdcages and the monogram.
Kinsey was my saving grace....she designed and made the quilt, the pillows
and the crib sheet. I was in awe at her creations! She went the extra mile!
I love the combination of fabrics with the cute buttons
and monogrammed S.
The birds add a fun touch, there's a few all around the room.

I ordered the tissue poms from Etsy
and got them fluffed with some serious help from a friend.

I was seriously in tears looking at all the detail
work on the quilt, and her name sewn on it.
A matching fitted sheet?
I didn't know that people in their homes could make these.
I thought it took a special machine in some far off country.
I'm dumb, I know. I really am clueless when it comes to sewing.

I ordered an enlarged version of her birth announcement on matte board from here.
The colors just happened to match perfectly.
We bought a new shelf that matches her crib and diaper changer.

I hung up her blessing dress
and her backpack that is waiting for preschool.
I found it monogrammed with "Stella" on it from PBK
but for the low, low price of $4.99 at a local store.

I can't believe it's done!
I dreamt it, and it happened
thanks to everyone that helped!

I think it's fit for a cute little girl,
just in time for her first birthday!





8 comments:

Orange said...

So cute how it all came together! I'll have to come see it in person when I deliver the other fitted sheet I just finished :)

Anonymous said...

it turned out so, so cute! I love it.

pamela said...

every inch is a dream!

Unknown said...

i LOVE the room so glad you have added some animals to the home, even if they are vinyl:)

Katie G. said...

Love the birdcages!!! My mom sent me some for Annie's room last week!

Unknown said...

looks like this is right out of a magazine. I seriously am in love!

allie said...

It looks great!!!

Niederfam said...

LOVELY, fit for the princess indeed. I'd move in too!!! SO so cute. ;)