9/13/2011

A September to Remember.

I feel like this blog is slacking lately.
I guess that's what 3 kids, lots of to-do's and Pinterest does to you.
Are you on Pinterest yet? If not, you should check it out! It's so, so addicting but you can find some of the best ideas on there....I feel like my meal-making and crafting have stepped it up a notch since finding Pinterest. It can be overwhelming, but you just got let it into your life a wee-little-bit and call it good.

Anyways, we've been busy harvesting our garden...
Photobucket
Preston worked so hard this year planting everything under the sun,
and it all seems to be ready to eat...tomatoes, zucchini, rutabaga, onions, green beans, cucumbers, squash, shallots, jalapenos, serrano peppers and all sorts of herbs.
I will be making homemade salsa tomorrow. If I write it here I'm suddenly accountable, right?

We've been prepping for Halloween...
Photobucket
And, no, James is not being a witch. He just likes to play dress up with his girl-friends.
My boys are being something homemade this year.
DID YOU HEAR ME? Homemade!!! That's a first for me. Thank you, Pinterest.

And, this one is still loving preschool to bits...
Photobucket
I think he wishes he lived there and that Fischer could be his brother.

I thought I would want summer to last forever, but now I'm really ready for Fall.
You just can't beat that 65 degree breeze at 8pm that accompanies the sun setting.
I just don't want to lose the crisp, yet warm air...I'm nowhere ready for 40's, 30's, 20's and so forth. And I wish the 5pm darkness would never come.

As you can see, Henry is not pictured in these photos. He's our lost child. We've lost him to first grade, friends, bike riding and soccer. It's bittersweet, but he has to grow up sometime.

That's my ode to September.



No comments: