8/20/2011

a fair to remember

Photobucket
My sister-in-law called me on Wednesday night and invited us to the Davis County Fair on Thursday.
The planner in me thought for sure I must have something going on, but no, it's back to school week so me and my 2 littlest were available.

We've been to the fair the past three years. Can you believe our first time Henry looked like this and James was barely in utero?

Anywho, our first stop was the pony rides...they are free and the kids love them.
Well, James did anyway. After a 30 minute line he climbed right on "George".
Photobucket

Stella, on the other hand, screamed in torture as I tried to bribe her on.
Photobucket
The kind of bribe that makes you think, "we waited a half hour for you to do this?".
Oh well, James was happy that he got a ride.

Next up, free cotton candy...and a sucker....and lots of other sugary substances.
Photobucket

And then the petting zoo.
Photobucket
Davis and James enjoyed the sleeping calf. Who could sleep around all of these pesky toddlers?

Photobucket

And lastly, no fair is fair without a carni ride.
These 3 rode together and couldn't figure out how to get the plane to go up the first 9/10's of the ride,
but once they did they were all smiles...
Photobucket

Photobucket

By this time we were all a hot, dizzy, sugar-highed mess so we called it a day.

Another fair in the books.

Did I mention taking 2 kids anywhere is A LOT easier than taking 3 kids?
Well, it is.

2 comments:

pamela said...

are you going to the rodeo?

Jessie said...

No Rodeo this year and I'm okay with that.