7/03/2011

smokin' good time

I know it's only the 3rd but the 4th of July festivities seem to go all weekend.
I like it that way. It's full of BBQ's, sunshine, fireworks and family & friends. It's my favorite.

We are blessed with wonderful neighbors, so we had them over for one of Preston's delights...
smoked meat. He woke up at 3am to start smoking brisket. I woke up at 6am to go running
and he was asleep on the couch with a timer and meat thermometer beside him
(I wish I would've gotten a picture of that!). What dedication to a good meal!
Photobucket
The smoked brisket and herb-stuffed pork tenderloin
(that he cooked on his new rotisserie with his own home-grown fresh herbs)
were both amazing! They were moist, delicious and cooked to perfection!
I think we all gave it two thumbs up!
Photobucket
The kids had a more fine dining experience with hot dogs...
Photobucket
Photobucket
My teething baby was miserable all day. Her molars are poking through.
Nothing seemed to comfort her but a few corn on the cobs.Photobucket
I went festive and tried out these red, white and blue strawberries.
Photobucket
They were refreshing and delicious!

After dinner we went out for some kiddie fireworks.
Their favorite are the smoke bombs. Preston lights them and they throw them.
Photobucket
James tossing his bomb...
Photobucket
Isaac approved and just kept saying "Mom. Dad" and pointing to the smoke...
Photobucket
Stella, on the other hand, was scared (or just teething)...
Photobucket

This is the only the beginning of a fun-filled holiday, but I must admit we're off to a great start!

No comments: