5/23/2011

Happy Birthday, Nellie!

We celebrated "Nellie's" birthday yesterday.
She's turning 30 today.
My boys call her "Nellie", but we know her as Janelle.
She's the best aunt our boys could ask for, and Stella for that matter.
James even told me the other day,
"I want to live at Nellie's".
I played sad and he followed up with,
"You can come live with me there, too".
That actually sounds pretty nice.

She's all about fun and games.
They know when they are there they will get nonstop attention.
Hide and seek. Play dough. Sprinklers. Cookies.
All of the things I'm burnt out on.
She never will be. She's that kind of mom.

Preston treated his aging sister to homemade "Popovers".
(rolls stuffed with Gruyere Cheese)
I made a roast, mashed potatoes, a salad, and most importantly,
It was pretty darn tasty.
Stella decided to make Nellie's day even more exciting by
standing up every few minutes and taking steps
all by herself.
I counted 7 once.
She's getting there!
Slowly but surely.

Thanks for letting us celebrate with you, Nellie!
Happy 30th Birthday!
We love you!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Thank you Jessie! You are way tooooooo nice to me! Thanks for the great party and the yummy food!!! That is the perfect way to bring in the new decade!!!