3/04/2010

Spring/Baby Fever


I'm on a blogging break to get this house in tip-top shape for a Spring Arrival.
It just feels like the right time to get warm, sunny and have a new baby, doesn't it?
I'm 35 weeks pregnant and can't believe that a newborn will be in our house in just FIVE weeks!
Baseboards have been scrubbed, walls have been washed, blinds have been dusted & closets/pantries have been decluttered.

It's feeling amazing, but I'm not done yet.
This stuff is addicting.
I've conquered the upstairs and am ready to tackle the basement.
The DI pile is stacking up, the trashcans are overflowing, and this place is sparkly clean.
Now if I can just keep my boys messy hands, dirty feet and busy bodies from defeating the purpose.
I'm feeling a bit like Marge...picking up the same toy 100x a day and just following people around to clean up the current mess and trying to prevent the future ones.

Do newborns appreciate all this?
Either way it's sunshine to the soul.

Happy Spring!

6 comments:

pamela said...

ya, i love the cleanliness! it is funny that we do all this preparation for a baby who could really care less. it just makes us feel better, i guess.

Unknown said...

Man wish I was that motivated. Not for a baby. But for me!

Sophie said...

Ah the joys of nesting ;) Enjoy your clean house!

The Lamb Family said...

Yay, enjoy your clean house! I wish I was like you! I really hate cleaning, but when the house gets too dirty, I get grouchy:/. I wish I have the motivation to do it before I get too frustrated. So I'm assuming you're delivering your 3rd one naturally? Good luck, you are amazing!!!!

Jessie said...

I'm giving it a shot, Reiko!

Thanks, guys!

Jody said...

You are amazing! I didn't feel like doing any of that before my baby came.