2/27/2010

the mothership

I've been wanting a newer minivan for awhile now. Baby #3 has sealed the deal. My '93 Caravan with a single door, constant beeping noises and random engine dying wouldn't cut it once the little one comes. It never really cut it in my book, but the husband didn't give in until I pulled out the "3 kids" excuse & all that that entails.

So, we did a little van shopping this weekend & found the perfect mom-mobile...


Henry's only requirement was his own, personal light to turn on and off.
Preston's only requirement was a sun roof.
My only requirement(s) were leather seats, automatic doors & good cupholders.

We got it all, and I'm lovin' it! How long do you bet it will stay this clean?

13 comments:

chris w said...

The last couple of days I've seen commercials for the Sienna of this cute couple who are talking about how cool they are for having the Sienna. The husband calls it the swaggerwagon and says how everyone is jealous of it. So funny. I've totally thought of you.

Unknown said...

oh I am SOO jealous I want a sienna! love it! I have an old van and I am ready for a new one, although my van isn't a 93 it is a 2001! : :)

Anonymous said...

yay, I'm glad you got one! We have an '03 Odyssey and I just love that have double doors that slide on their own. It's been great for the kids.

Jennifer said...

I have a 2005 Sienna and love it! Except my front passenger door that has a broken hinge. Fighting Toyota to pay to fix it... Anyway, enjoy!! :)

Lauren and Matt said...

Love it! We just got a Sienna about a month ago (same color too). It's been fantastic. I hope you like yours as much as we like ours.

Sophie said...

Awesome! Looks really nice! Congrats!

Sarah said...

SOOOOO jealous! I have a '98 Civic for 2 kids. It ain't cuttin' it anymore. lol I am really happy for you though -- looks NICE!

Jody said...

Wha-hoo!! Looks fun!! Perfect for the soon to be family of five. :)

Unknown said...

Can't wait to have a ride in Goldie, so glad we don't have to pull over on the highway and turn on and off the van like old times.

Niederfam said...

YAY!!!! I LOVE it. Isn't it funny how in a few short years the NEVER drive a mini-van phase turns into the CANNOT live without one phase!!! Glad everyone is happy!!! ;)

Peach said...

It's beautiful!! Wow! You're so close! Just saw the floating baby in your sidebar. Wow!

cvtippetts said...

Congratulations Jessie! You know your a true mother when your thrilled with a van with nice wipeable seats. Enjoy!

Shawn said...

You are going to LOVE it!! I wouldn't trade my Sienna for anything. I never have to open a door (or trunk for that matter) ever again!! You will be so surpised how much you can pack in the back as well!