3/08/2010

a monster of emotions

Tonight after the bath I asked James if I could cut his fingernails and toenails
that have been neglected for months.
He yelled, "No", grabbed the clippers from me, and began whining...
I bribed him with the camera...he loves taking pictures with mommy's camera, and he finally handed them over and let me clip his fingernails.
He actually thought it was funny...
I thought for sure he'd let me go for his toes after all that enjoyment,
but boy was I wrong.
When I told him I was cutting his toenails I got this look...
And then when I actually attempted the cut I got this...
And, no matter what I bribed him with this time around there was no backing down.
I guess we will deal with jagged sharp toenails a bit longer.
Once I gave up on the trimming and asked if he wanted to put on his PJ's and read some books
I got some more of this back...
Happiness Restored.
Until next cut...

4 comments:

pamela said...

i hate the whole toenail clipping part of parenting.

but on the bright side, that towel is really dang cute.

The Unprocessed Project said...

He is so darn cute! Does he have chicken pox?

Jessie said...

excema

Sarah said...

Cute them while he sleeps! That is the only way I can cut Luke's. LOL