7/16/2007

Meeting Oprah...


So there you have it! Nothing truly exciting, just a wax version of the daytime diva at the Hollywood Wax Museum. Did you really think Oprah would visit Branson, Missouri? I'm thinking not. Plus, I'm just fine not meeting her because the one time I saw her live at her studio in Chicago she was a real jerk. You'd think that she'd interact and talk to the audience (isn't that what you go for?), but she didn't....she was a real disappointment in my eyes. During the breaks they would fix her hair and makeup. She seemed so serious and pompous, not like the sociable, fun-loving Oprah you see on TV. At the very end of the taping she said she only had time for 2 questions!!! What a brat! I think I like the wax version better.

Here's a few more of our waxy celeb sightings...

Mom playing cards with Kenny Rogers....


Dad being interviewed by Johnny Carson (and Bill Cosby in the background)...


For more Branson fun peek back tomorrow....

3 comments:

pamela said...

are you home? where are you? wax oprah is much better i'm sure.

Unknown said...

I have always wanted to go to a wax museum how fun that you went to one.

I have also always wanted to see Oprah in Chicago, that is surprising about how she was when you saw her. I wonder if she is like that during EVERY show!

Ya when do you get back? we need to plan our GNO! :)

Jeni Boston said...

Bill Cosby is kinda scary...just hanging out there in the background!