4/08/2007

Makeshift Egg Hunt



Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter! We're still in California for a few more days and will be celebrating in our hotel. Henry and I hunted eggs in our room today....not quite the grassy knoll with a bunch of kids running around, but it sufficed. I "hid" the eggs (if you can call it that), and he slowly but surely found them all! I was impressed! I thought for sure a 19 month old would want nothing to do with, nor have the attention span, to really search for a bunch of plastic eggs....I was pleasantly surprised. He would look around, show a bit of a smirk, point and run to the egg, squat down to pick it up, and drop it into his basket. It was the cutest thing, and I'm kicking myself for not lugging my humongous camera onto the plane. Little does he know what's inside of those little plastic eggs...I guess he'll be finding that out tomorrow when we open them up and all get sugar headaches. I guess that's the fun of Easter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Happy Easter!

Elle said...

Thanks for making an encouraging comment on my blog, all my husband could say was: "digital scrapbooking isn't cute", then I showed him your pages and he changed his mind!!!!

pamela said...

i'm mad you didnt' take your camera.....but, i fully understand why...

Anonymous said...

I was browsing through one my friend's blogs and I stumbled across your page. I am trying to start my own blog and I love how you have done the scrapbooking across the top. Is there any way you can share how to do this? I am not super computer literate but I have been really interested in doing some online scrapbooking. Do you recommend any specific sites or anything? I appreciate any advice you can offer...oh, and your son is SOOO cute!

Jessie said...

Yes! I do have a few sites that I use regulary. I use Photoshop Elements as my program for digital scrapbooking. 2peasinabucket.com has message boards on digital scrapbooking, as well as tutorials. You can even search their boards for "blog banner", and should be able to find some instructions. That's what I did.

A few other sites to check out....
scrapartist.com
shabbyprincess.com
heatheranndesigns.com

GL!!!