12/18/2006

slippery when wet!


Tonight, as I was preparing to give Henry a bath, I thought to myself, "This has been one of the best days with Henry". He's always been a very happy kid, but definitely a momma's boy and pretty needy in general. But today he has been SO happy all day....playing independently with the tupperware in the kitchen, racing cars down his new tower track, chatting away in the car on our way home from Target (and I didn't have to use bribery while I was there!), and just genuinely content all day long. We would play together and he would crack up laughing at just about anything I said. Then I had to get some stuff done on the computer and make some phone calls, and he just played and explored, and would stop by to say "hiya" (his version of hello) from time to time. It was enough to make this momma proud!



THEN, I go to give him a bath (daddy had to work late tonight) and decide to take the camera with me to take some photos of the end to our "perfect day". Henry was hamming it up...smiling, splashing, and enjoying his bath, as usual, while I was shooting away. Then, out of nowhere, he pulled his typical attempt of standing up in the middle of the tub....I usually grab for his arm and tell him to sit down....well, I couldn't this time...I had the camera in hand. As I was sitting the camera down on the counter and reaching for him as he's giving me the "Look at me!" face, he slipped backwards right onto the back of his head, flat into the tub full of water. Our day didn't end so perfectly....it had a few tears and a big bump, but I'm still happy to report that 98% of our day was heaven.....that's not far from perfection!

4 comments:

pamela said...

I'm glad you had a perfect day, because they are not common! He's one cute kid.

annek said...

Great pictures! I am glad to hear about such a great day! Sorry about the bump on the head, good thing that came at the end and not the beginning. Don't you love being a mom?!!

The Unprocessed Project said...

I think he looks like Xander (spelling?) in that first pic. Just darling!! I hope his head is ok!

Jen S. said...

It's offical, I'm a blogger. I can't wait to out blog you.