10/09/2013

A FALL full of FUN!

We've started our fall off with some serious fun!

General Conference Weekend delivered yet again.
Preston and I got a date night on Friday, which is always super nice.
Saturday was filled with soccer and catching conference on the go, running from place to place.
Then on Sunday we were able to sit down and enjoy it from the comforts of our own home...

Stella turned 3 1/2 so we celebrated!
I made homemade, overnight cinnamon rolls. AND news flash: they turned out...I BAKED SUCCESSFULLY!
They look burnt in the picture but they weren't- I think they were just loaded with cinnamon.
I was proud and my kids were super happy, especially with extra frosting to dip them in.
I think it will have to be a new tradition.


Conference was wonderful.
Quite a few talks jumped out at me, but my favorite quote was by Elder D. Todd Christofferson,
and it was about motherhood, of course...

" A mother’s love and high expectations lead her children to act responsibly without excuses, to be serious about education and personal development, and to make ongoing contributions to the well-being of all around them."

It's not my favorite because I'm good at it, it's my favorite because I need to do better at it.

He also shared a quote that I loved by Margaret D. Nadauld...

“The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.”

I can work on all of that too.

We had a bit of cabin fever after sitting around eating sugar all day, 
so we busted out and headed for the mountains to take a hike...



As if the full weekend wasn't perfect enough, the kids had Monday off of school!
So the fun continued...

This time of year is one of my favorites!
There are so many fun activities going on and so much beauty to enjoy!
I can't eat enough Pumpkin goodies or smell enough Apple scents.
Have a fun Fall Ya'll!!!

No comments: