4/23/2013

the best house guests...

My parents are homeless right now.
Well, not really.  They are living in a rental in Missouri while they wait for their home to be ready for move in.  But they aren't 100% settled so "home" is a loose term.
We have taken advantage of this time and have had them come stay with us for quite a bit.
They just left yesterday after being here for 3 weeks.
It was wonderful- not the leaving- but the fact that they were able to come stay for that long!


Every time I am with them I am more amazed by how lucky I am to have them as parents!
I have so much fun with them!  I can't count how many times I laughed so hard that I cried over the past few weeks.  They know how to have fun and they know how to work.  I would simply mention something that I needed to do and the next thing I knew it was DONE!- painting, weeding, door-knob replacing, mowing, kids needing something, out of milk, and the list goes on!

If they were willing to stay in this crazy house forever I would let them!
I think we make a great team!

Stella just asked me today, "How come Grandma and Grandpa don't live at our house anymore?".
I'm wondering the same thing, baby girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun!! Your parents are pretty darn great.
-Katie