7/03/2012

E-I-E-I-O

Last Friday I had to give Preston a ride to work.
It was just me and my trio in Salt Lake, so I decided to take advantage and do something fun.
I remember hitting Wheeler Farm as a teen, mostly to country line dance in the barn,
but I knew my kids would love all of the farm happenings outside the barn.

Photobucket
We started off by buying duck food.
Those ducks and geese were HUNGRY!
It was another wild goose chase, just like the one we had 4 years ago in Colorado.

Photobucket
The kids would throw the food then have to back up as the ducks approached.

Stella was a little apprehensive at first but she warmed up.
Photobucket

After we feed/got eaten by the ducks we wandered the farm.
The kids found a treehouse they wanted to play in.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then it was time for our wagon ride.
Photobucket

Henry wanted to take some photos on the ride and got some cute ones of Stellie that I love...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Those braided piggies get me all smily every time!

We stopped to see the tractor shed...
Photobucket

But did NOT feed the horses...
Photobucket

It was nearing 100 degrees and we were all hot and thirsty...
Photobucket

They each picked a refreshing treat at the corner store and ate it in the outhouse...
Photobucket
It's not every day that you get to eat in the bathroom!

I had a great day with just my kiddos!  It's a rarity to go somewhere by ourselves and just go at our own pace and beat to our own drum.  It was a nice outing.

Now if we can just get them to quit asking to buy a pet every day!
I think we have enough hair and poo to deal with around this Pond Farm!


No comments: