10/28/2011

a walk to remember

On Saturday we decided the weather was perfect to take a Family hike.
Henry needed to collect some leaves for school, so we headed up to Pineview to check out a new trail Preston found on the internet.

It was perfect for our young family!
It started as a trail through the cattails...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Until we came to these little Ponds of water...
Photobucket

Then we went a different route over the bridge...
Photobucket
and through some beautiful Autumn leaves to this trail along the water...
Photobucket

Preston collected enough rocks for us all to throw one in and make a wish...
Photobucket
It took some effort to get the rock up and over the trees, as you can see by my clenched jaw.
Those years of softball paid off.

As we were walking I had one of those blissful "I am blessed" moments
where everything stands still and seems perfect for that second.
My boys were following their dad up with hill, crunching through the leaves.
Stella was being pushed in the stroller by her Daddy and giggling as he swerved her all over the place.
I was leisurely walking along, taking in all of the amazing scenery and listening to the joyful sounds of my family.
It sounds silly, but it was a nice, sacred moment for me.
I'm grateful for a husband who adores our children and wants to be with them as much as he can.
I'm so happy that we live in a place that surrounds us with beauty.
I'm forever reminded that our family is eternal, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
We have everything we need.
We are blessed.

No comments: