10/12/2011

Sunday Funday

Photobucket
I turned 33 on Sunday.
I always thought Sunday would be a crummy day for a birthday,
but honestly, I don't really remember my last birthday on a Sunday.
Let's just say my theory was proven wrong.

I did have to get up with the kids because Preston was at a church meeting,
and I did have to make myself (and the rest of the fam) breakfast,
but I did make my favorite....biscuits and gravy!

The first blessing of my Sunday bday was that we had Stake Conference,
so instead of having a 3 hour meeting from 1-4pm we had a morning meeting from 10-noon.
Much better.
And, it meant that we came straight home and the hubby made lunch (2nd blessing),
and I still had time to nap (3rd blessing)! It's been a long time since I actually took the time to nap,
and I succeeded. I fell asleep and stayed asleep for almost 2 hours...heaven!
Photobucket
The next big blessing of the day was Janelle inviting us over for birthday dinner.
No cooking or cleaning for me!
And, she went BIG!...roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli, homemade rolls...
and the one thing I requested Janeen brought to dinner....frogeye salad ( I LOVE that stuff!).
Photobucket
After dinner I was blessed with not just one dessert, but TWO!
Janelle far exceeded the standard and made frozen yogurt AND chocolate chip zucchini cake.
Now THAT is a great ending to a birthday feast!
Photobucket
I was also blessed with great family that gave me some fun gifts....
a bundt pan for baking,
an avocado dicer for chopping Stella's daily snack,
and Preston had sent me an email a few days prior that I will be getting the new iphone on Friday!

I've decided that Sunday birthdays are the best...
you get to spend low-key time with family, have lots of good homemade food and even catch a nap...
that is if you have a great family like me! :)

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday!!! We are so glad you had a wonderful day and we LOVED celebrating with you!!! You are the best "sister" anyone could ever ask for!!!