9/23/2011

Let's get this Fall rolling...

Happy first day of Fall!
Isn't it beautiful? I'm loving the crisp mornings and evenings and the warm, sunny days.
The best seasons are when you can wear hoodies and flip flops together!!!

I got Fall rolling by attempting the rolled fabric rosette fad.

A friend and I put together fall wreaths while watching reality TV.
It's always nice to be productive while watching meaningless television.
Photobucket
Ain't she cute?

We followed this tutorial and video to produce those little puppies...
Photobucket

Then, since it was incredibly addicting and relaxing, I made a few more for Stella's hair.
Just rolled and attached them to a gator clip with felt.
Photobucket

I also tried out covered button felt flowers.
These were super simple too, and I can't wait to try more combinations.
Here's the tutorial for those.
(WARNING: The IKEA kids cup produces a flower almost as big as my baby's head. I made the circles almost half that size by using a small sauce cup- about 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter).

Photobucket

Stella will be sporting one in our family photos this weekend, courtesy of Jeni Boston Photography.
Photobucket

I'm stressing over clothes, and bows, and props, and cranky kids, and a not-so-photogenic hubby and my extra chin,
but Jeni usually works miracles, so I'm holding out hope.

Now let's enjoy Fall...
soups, hoodies, pumpkin-chocolate chip everything, open windows and apple scents.

No comments: