8/06/2011

cravings

Before this trip I was craving family time, and we got plenty of that, and I'm very thankful for it.
Photobucket

But, we have also had our share of amazing food.
Blue River Bistro was my very favorite, and I think my husband's was fried pies from Mimi's.
Peach fried pie (empanada style) with vanilla ice cream.

I had to have a crepe from this delectable crepe cart on Main Street the first night.
Photobucket
I thought Strawberry Nutella would be my favorite, but I fell for Raspberry Chocolate Cream.
It was a must-eat almost every night. I'm gonna miss that place.

My sons craved mini cereal. Henry saw some in a shop window the first night we arrived.
He demanded nightly that we go on a hunt to find them again.
One night we succumbed to his desire and we walked the entire Main Street to find the
little boxes of cereal on the General Store shelf.
As we walked he kept saying, "it's in a little green shop" and kept his eyes peeled.
It's the little things, I guess, that make them the happiest.
I was pleased as punch to buy them a box of cereal as a souvenir.
Photobucket

Stella, on the other hand, did have her fair share of food,
but what she craved the most was MOMMY!
She's in a major phase of stranger anxiety and wanted nothing to do with anyone else.
You could find her most moments being toted around by me or doing this...
Photobucket

We've had a great trip and are down to our last few hours before departing,so now I'm craving normalcy.
I can't believe I go home to only 1 more week of summer and
then my oldest will be a first grader,
my middle child a preschooler
and my baby still my little buddy at home all day long.
I think she'll be happy about that....can you tell?

1 comment:

pamela said...

i think your trip looks amazing!