3/21/2011

First Signs of Spring

Today it is raining.
Today it is above 40 degrees.
Today I put up my first Spring decoration.
Don't laugh.
I'm not crafty.
I saw this idea here,
and thought it was adorable.
I made the trip to Hobby Lobby for supplies.
Put this thing together in less than 30 minutes.
The nest and eggs are too big for the birds.
I guess it represents how the 2 little birds (Preston and I)
are really controlled by our nest of 3 little eggs (Henry, James & Stella).
I guess I'll cherish this creation.
Afterall, I made it,
and that's quite remarkable in and of itself.

Now if we can just get sunshine and 60's
I'll rejoice in Spring!!!

4 comments:

The Unprocessed Project said...

It's adorable!! Seriously, where do I order one? Maybe you need an Etsy shop??!!

pamela said...

i love it! i'm pretty impressed jessie.

Jessie said...

Thanks, guys! You are too kind. I do think it's pretty cute but any amount of successful crafting would put a smile on my face.

Katie- next KS visit we can go to Hob Lob and put one together for you!

JENNY K. said...

I'm flattered. It turned out lovely!