3/29/2011

Dear Daughter,

You have been perfect since the moment you arrived almost a year ago.
I can't stop looking at you, amazed by your beauty and your spunky energy.
Anytime of day you are pretty content to just play,
as long as someone is near. You are my social butterfly.
When we are out and about you people watch.
You yell "hiya" to anyone that will make eye contact.
Since your first days you have been a great sleeper,
a great eater, a great baby sister and
have brought us more happiness than I could ever imagine.
There's no sense in imagining another child in our home
because you complete us and are darn near perfection.
Well, until recently.
Your daddy has always said that you look just like me.
I took that as a big compliment for me because you
are about the cutest thing I have ever seen in all my life.
But the problem is that your habits don't quite fit with mine.
You see, your mommy is OCD and she likes everything tidy.
You, on the other hand, prefer all clothes to be out of the drawers.
....all toys out of the bins.
....all food out of the bowl.
....all water out of the tub.
I was thinking we would be...
two peas in a pod
mommy and daughter
I could be the sister you never got.
But honey, we just can't get along if we can't see
eye to eye
on this one. Mommy likes everything to have a "home".
Just agree with me on this one. Maybe we can meet in the middle?
Just one shirt out at a time? Let's play with one toy?
Then when we're all done, let's put them away?
Okay?
I promise, it will make this journey go a lot smoother.
For you and I, we need to be best friends.
Forever.

Love always,
Mommy

3 comments:

Niederfam said...

Oh no!!!! This could so be copied and pasted to my daughter........we seem to have the SAME problem.

GOOD LUCK.

pamela said...

messes like that make me let out a big sigh! but, i'm sure soon enough all of us will be alone in our tidy houses, wishing for someone to take care of.

Janelle said...

That is a great picture! And yes I am surprised that there is actually a mess in your perfect house! I guess Stella has hung out with Davis too much since birth because she is just like him when it comes to dumping out everything! Good Luck!