3/15/2010

"Let's never go to the beach"

Henry has a marble jar that he's trying to fill up for being good. He keeps telling me that once he fills it up he wants to go to the beach. Preston and I have been trying to figure out a way to get him to the beach once it's full in a few short weeks. Well, we found a cure for that problem today.

My nephew is in South Padre for his Senior Spring Break trip, and he just posted these on facebook...



He got bit by a shark while playing in the ocean.

I showed Henry the pictures. He loves sharks and shows no fear. We are heading to the beach in July, so I thought this might be a good teaching opportunity. He took one look at the pictures and said, "Nevermind. Let's not go to the beach ever again".

Marble jar problem solved.

Trip to the beach in July might be a new problem.

8 comments:

jodi said...

oh man, that is the coolest injury ever!

chris w said...

LOL - Mission accomplished!
Your nephew has the bragging rights for pretty much the coolest scar ever.

pamela said...

i'll kind of admit i don't mind kids being a tad scared of things like that. maybe it's me and my paranoia. however, henry would love the beach, so lets just tell him it doesn't happen often.

Unknown said...

OUCH! that is all I have to say!

Lauren and Matt said...

Oh my gosh! I'm glad your nephew is ok. Hopefully Henry will forget about it when you go to the beach in July.

The Unprocessed Project said...

First off, I can't believe Mason is old enough to be a senior and second, YIKES!

Unknown said...

Not sure whats more impressive, the injury or the tat?

Niederfam said...

oh wow!!! i can't show my kids, cause i LOVE the beach and that would ruin it for me!!!