3/23/2010

Chilly Stop

In 14 days I will have a newborn.
Right now I just have these 2 little boys to spoil for a bit longer.
I'm getting to that "it won't just be us 3 all day" phase and feeling a little bit guilty.
I want to make the most of the next few weeks, and enjoy my time with my boys.
So tonight when I passed the ice cream shop and Henry asked for "a chilly"
(that's his term for a shake). I relented. Why not?
My mind was telling me that I didn't want little ones eating shakes in my new van...
That I probably shouldn't spend more money on eating out...
That my boys really didn't need a sugarload right before bed....
But, my heart was telling me that I needed to just let it go and give them their 10th treat for the day.
...because remember how they will have to share me with another kiddo in just 2 weeks?
{He seems shocked doesn't he?}
{I'm sure he doesn't know what's coming.}

6 comments:

Jody said...

Cute...so cute. You are a good mom!

Sophie said...

hehe I remember feeling this way before I had Linc! Spoil them while you can! Cant wait for you to have this baby!! Dying to know whos in there!

chris w said...

That is so sweet. Good decision! :)

Niederfam said...

And that's why they are LUCKY and you are a FANTASTIC mom, no doubt!!! ;)

Can't wait to hear/read all about this new little one coming to your house!!

HANG IN THERE and ENJOY whatever sleep you are getting now!!!!!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Dude I think a "chilly" is just ad.or.able.

Davenport family said...

Boy do I know that guilty feeling. Yes..enjoy your two darling boys they need the extra hugs and kisses. James needs to be the baby just a little bit longer. But..Jessie it will all turn out great. Your two boys will love the new addition. you are going to be a great mother of three. Hey.. I want to come see you sometime.. Ive got a little something for henry and James.