8/23/2009

THE Bear Lake

We spent the weekend at Bear Lake with some friends. On our drive up on Friday afternoon Henry kept asking, "Are we at THE Bear Lake yet?". When he saw the view of Bear Lake from the window of our truck he got so excited. He wanted to go there immediately, and was disappointed when we insisted on raspberry shakes and burgers instead.

Our first activity on Saturday was renting Surrey Bikes and pedaling them up and down the trail. Preston was steering (and doing most of the pedaling) in ours. Allie and I felt like our pedals weren't even working. Finally towards the end of our hour rental Allie and I decided to kick it into high gear and actually do some pedaling to try and pass our friends in the other Surrey bike in front of us. Well, we gained on them quickly, screamed as we got closer (thinking that Preston would pass them at the last second), and then proceeded to slam into the back of them full speed ahead. Our front tire climbed their back tire and smashed our front light out. I guess it was harder to break than Preston thought because he says he did try to break at the last minute. Anyways, the man at the Surrey rentals was so nice. I took the pieces of the light to him and asked to pay him for the damages. He told me thanks for being honest and asked for only $10. We got off easy. It was quite entertaining for only $10.
After all of the excitement we went to a park for a picnic lunch and then finally made our way to THE Bear Lake. The kids were in heaven....swimming, floating on the raft, digging in the sand, throwing the sand, building things with the sand and getting sand everywhere. I enjoyed the swimming and sitting on the beach watching all of the sand action but felt a little unsettled about the sand covering my body and wondering how I would ever get it all off before I got back into the truck. My sweet hubby let me rinse in the lake, and then carried me back to the truck so that I got rid of almost every grain of sand. It made for a perfect beach trip.


After all of the water fun we were all hungry. We found the perfect cure for the hunger.....a 28 inch Old Ephraim Pizza. This thing was HUGE! They said it fed 8 people, but I would love to see 8 people finish this sucker. We had 14 (7 adults and 7 kids) and still left 3 pieces uneaten. It was a great weekend away!  

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great post. It was a fun weekend!