4/27/2009

Just what the doctor ordered!

The gallbladder (and it's cruel attacks) is out. The surgery went great. I loved the anesthesia during the procedure (since I wasn't awake & would never want to be) but hated the feeling when I was coming out of it. My eyes wouldn't open, and I had no control of my body. It was all very strange. I've done a lot of sleeping, laying around, hobbling like a hunchback and eating ice cream (since I no longer fear an attack) the past few days.  I'm sore and stiff and a little queasy from my 4 gunshot-looking wounds, but I'm surviving and on the mend.  There's nothing like looking 5 months pregnant without the joy of a growing fetus!...The doctor ordered no carrying kids around. That's been a nice break.

The doctor ordered no housework. That's been an even better break.

So I think what the doctor really ordered was Grandma and Grandpa.

They've been angels to have in town. They've played with the boys, cleaned house, planted us a garden and brought in meals.
[This is the BIG garden that the boys dug, tilled, and planted]
[This is the little garden that my mom brought along that just hangs and grows with minimal watering...just my kind!]

Now if the doctor could just order them to stay forever I think I could find a cure for all suffering in this household.  

9 comments:

bjean said...

You survived! Good job. I'm glad it went well. I hope you'll be well enough to come to the wedding.

pamela said...

i'm glad you're doing so well. i mean, considering you can't really do anything! we miss you.

Niederfam said...

that does sound pretty good. i wish the grandparents could stay indefinitely too!!! try to ENJOY whatever moments you can, even if it's just the ice-cream!!! glad you are on the mend!!!!

Jessica said...

I am so happy you are doing well and I am even happier (and a little jealous) your parents are taking such good care of you.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear it went well! I dont know what we would do without amazing parents! Enjoy the downtime even if you are in pain, as a mom, those down time moments are few and far between!

Jill said...

Glad it went well and that your parents are taking good care of everyone and everything. Hang in there! And I want one of those hanging gardens! Cool!

The Lamb Family said...

I'm glad to hear that all went well and you are getting plenty of rest.

Man, I missed your blogging! I'm glad you're back;)

jodi said...

is that a topsy-turvey?

Tara Shelton said...

I am glad you are recovering! Thank goodness for grandparents!!!