4/07/2009

Holy Guacamole

This stuff is so good it shall be holy.  As I've told you before I'm new to guacomole-lovin', and this recipe is incredibly close to the best guacamole of all....Chipotle.  Well, the internet claims it IS the Chipotle recipe.  It's just surprising that nothing tastes quite as good when you have to make it yourself.  There's just no magic in that.  Plus, I have no t-shirt that says, "I made the guac today" and therefore feel a little less special about it. 

Here's the details...

2 avocados
1/2 of a jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (wear gloves, people.  i burnt my skin and eyes.)
1/4 of a red onion, finely chopped
2 T cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 of a lime, juiced
1/4 t salt

Combine all ingredients into a bowl, mash together until smooth.  Add additional lime juice or salt to taste.  For extra spicy guacamole, you can leave in the jalapeno seeds.  

Enjoy with some chips. 

You will find yourself eating the whole bowl saying, "avocado is organic and has all that good fat" and making it again the following day.  

8 comments:

pamela said...

oh man. this looks so good. call me when you make it.

The Unprocessed Project said...

I must give this a try! Although, I think the chips are what makes Chipotle so yummy. The little salt and lime makes all the difference....Jose Cuervo said so.

Jen S. said...

Can you just make it and overnight it?

Renee said...

YUM-O!

Costco has a 3 pack of Guac for about $8...it is good for when you don't want to make it yourself! :)

Janelle said...

That looks delicious! I'm going to give it a try!

WhettenWild said...

Looks good! I'm going to try it!

Jen S. said...

I made this for Easter. It was WONDERFUL. Thanks again for all your help via the phone.

Unknown said...

why did I wait 4 years to make this!