2/03/2009

a new view

James is just a week shy of one, but I went ahead and broke the rules anyway. We bid farewell to his baby bucket seat, and put him in Henry's old seat for the first time yesterday. You would think that James would love his new view, but apparently not...From his seat in the car he can now see me and thinks that that is a ticket to whine at me until he gets what he wants (in this case it was animal crackers)...Henry thoroughly enjoys his new booster seat, complete with 2 cup holders. My boys are growing up...pretty soon Henry will be driving and James will be tagging along (and I will have a whole lot more time on my hands). Until that day comes, I will be happy to see these 2 cuties in my rearview.

13 comments:

Melinda said...

I love when they get to turn around! Aren't brothers the best!! I keep preparing Ben for his promotion to the very back seat to make room for sister.

Jody said...

Hi Neighbor! Cute blog! Your boys are so cute.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

He doesn't like his new car seat? Aw. Hope he's being happier for mommy. Also, I'm really digging all that room in your van. . . cannot wait to git home and buy me one. A real big mormon mommy one.

Jen S. said...

what a big boy. I can't believe he's going to be one.

Unknown said...

almost a year already?? KRAZY!! maybe he likes facing backwards!! He is just the cutest!

pamela said...

um...they now recommend rear facing until 2.....

Audrey said...

I am sorry but kind of relieved that your one year old is a little cranky too. Michael turned one a couple of weeks ago and now all of a sudden my angel baby is really whinny and hates the car!

Janelle said...

James looks so grown up! As my Dad would say, "Time flies when you are having fun." I think this year with James has been so much fun! We love playing with Henry and James!!!

The Lamb Family said...

You have the cutest two boys!

Jeni Boston said...

Congrats on the big move James!

Sale and Jaimee said...

Wow! I can't believe how big James looks! It's been about 5mo. since we saw ya I guess. You have the cutest boys. Halia just wishes she could see out the window already. She hates her car seat. Your blog is super cute!

cvtippetts said...

Jessie- Your boys are so adorable. I love James' hair.

Elle said...

I did this early with Miyah also, but the funny thing is that she was 17 months when I did it. She had not yet met the height or weight requirements yet.