12/17/2008

Pond Pride

Preston's brother, Travis, was in town from Las Vegas this past weekend, so the weekend was filled with Pond family activities. That means 12 adults and 14 kids all in one house. It actually went pretty smoothly...it's so nice when my toddler is entertained by "new" toys and rarely-seen kids when we visit other people's houses. He disappears for hours at a time, mesmerized by all of the different things stocked in their toy boxes and play rooms. While my toddler was off playing and my infant was asleep in a portable crib, I had some time to sit back and watch the people around me (I've been known to people watch frequently). It hit me how incredibly different Preston and his siblings are. They are so different, I start to question whether or not they where all raised in the same household by the same mother and father.

So, here's why I wonder...

Meet Travis. The oldest. The animal lover (veterinarian). The talker. Meet Nicholeen. The crafter. The educator. The idealist. The experienced homemaker.Meet Beauen. The middle child. The family clown. The reader. The builder. Meet Preston. The wallflower. The peacemaker. The thinker. The engineer.Meet Janelle. The baby. The photog (of her little guy). The socialite. The new mom.I'm just amazed that all of these people were brought up in the same way by the same 2 people. The gene pool was huge in this family, both for looks and personality traits. But the more I'm around them the more I realize that they do share a lot in common....their testimonies, their core values, and their desire to work hard at whatever they do. I'm proud to be a Pond. I'm hoping we can pass some of these "genes" on to our offspring.

5 comments:

pamela said...

most importantly they are all very good hearted people. i love the ponds!

Unknown said...

Where's the Lund Pride? Just kidding, I love family dynamics.

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun bunch!!!

Davenport family said...

it is so so great to see someone else's view of the Ponds. I think you did a good job. You have known them for a long time. I am proud of all my cousins.. they are such wonderful people. I am so happy that I was able to grow up 6 min. away from them and see them so often. They all have impacted my life. I am happy that my mom and their mom always dragged us to the supermarket together in their big blue suburuban.

Angie said...

Can't wait to see what you call me on the "Lund Lunatics" posting!