12/15/2008

O' Night Divine.

The big night out on Friday night was splendid. Good food. Fun date. Beautiful place. Amazing sleep. I woke up at 8:00am because my body told me it was time to get up (not because a child was beckoning). And yes, we did wake up to snow...lots of it! While driving home in the blizzard, the car in front of us spun out and got stuck on the side of the road. But, our big blue beater van got us home safely (with the help of a very skilled hubby). Our oldest child faired well.....he loves babysitters and especially his Aunt Nellie and Uncle Dean. Our youngest however decided to rebel against drinking from a bottle (which he's only drank from once in his life up until this point) and stayed awake for a few hours in the middle of the night to be snuggled by his uncle. Janelle and Dean must love us unconditionally because they acted as though it all went smoothly and that they would love to do it again.....lack of sleep and all. Thanks, guys!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Im thinking Aunt Nellie and Uncle Dean deserve an O Night Divine night out.

Melinda said...

I am so jealous. I haven't had a night away since before Seth was born.

Davenport family said...

Wow! I am so happy you guys had a night to yourselves. Aunt Nellie and Uncle Dean are Angels from up on High!:) What fun.. I do have to admit I am a little jealous too. Merry Christmas.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

That's it?? Just one picture? No stories about the dude that got drunk and fell on the dance floor? Nothin'? I'm feeling cheated. I think I need some more pics.

Elle said...

I am leaving tonight to meet Nick in Vegas for a night out. It is the first time I have ever left my kids over night. Hope it all goes well. Oh, and I have those exact shoes. Don't you love the color???

Niederfam said...

LOVELY, and well deserved I'm sure!!!! LOVE the dress and SHOES........

Angie said...

Dependable Dodge saves the day AGAIN!