10/18/2008

the ghostess with the mostess

Pam hosted the 2nd annual Fun Bunch Halloween Party on Friday night.  And since Pam hosted the party, it was, of course, flawless.  We arrived to find flying bats and Halloween Hang-ups (a la Martha Stewart)  adorning the ceiling, and Pam in her apron cooking in the kitchen.  Friends came.  We feasted on homemade chicken noodle soup in bread bowls, strawberry salad, and coffin brownies.  Pam helped the kids craft scaredy-cat stenciled shirts.  Bryan led them in a donut eating contest.  I challenged them to a game of "ring around the pumpkin".  Milli insisted upon a sack race, just like last year. The kids played and played, while the adults talked and chaperoned.  

I know I always say what a great friend Pam is, but last night my love for her hit an all time high. Not only had she gone all out in preparing for the party AND had been watching all of the children downstairs while Jeni and I were having a conversation upstairs, but when my son decided to poop his pants while we watched "It's a Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", Pam looked to me and  in a casual tone said, "how 'bout I just take him upstairs, give him a bath and put him in some of Liam's pjs?".  I couldn't bear to take her up on the offer, but honestly, volunteering to clean up another kid's BM other than your own in his underwear, is something only kind-hearted, selfless Pam would be willing to do (without complaining and never expecting anything in return).  And while we're on perfect members of the Beach family, can you believe this angel baby?  Greta is the sweetest little blue-eyed girl.  She just sat in her bouncy seat and watched the happenings of the night.  This perfect mommy makes perfect babies too!

7 comments:

pamela said...

honestly, you give me way more credit than i deserve!!! you always make me feel better about myself.

thanks for your help. and you are on sister status - that means cleaning up henry's poo is easily part of my role as a friend.

love you.

Melinda said...

Looks like a great time. That is a good friend to offer to clean up your childs poo!

Niederfam said...

looks like QUITE the party!!!!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

What a beautiful little girl! Those bright blue eyes!

Jen said...

What a great friend! That Little Gretta is adorable!

Elle said...

The fact that you said,"BM" made me start laughing out loud for some reason.

jodi said...

jessie I agree with you about this gem. She needs to wear a cape.