3/20/2008

Sprung

After what seemed like months and months of snow, we are finally getting beautiful, warm Spring weather. And today makes Spring official! It's never been more welcomed! With a one month old and a 2 and a half year old, getting out of the house is priceless. I love just being able to go out in the front yard and let Henry run and play in the sunshine and fresh air. I love that once the weather warms up everyone comes out of their houses and little gatherings of mommies chatting occur while the children enjoy one another's company. Toy dump trucks emerge. Swingsets are dusted off. Small electric cars cruise the sidewalks. It's great.

To celebrate the turn of weather pattern, Henry requested to ride his bike the other night (pictured above). He's starting to figure out how it works. Maybe this summer he can really get those legs pumping and work off a little baby fat. Or, we could hold off on his sugar intake...that may help too. Then again, it may be best if he still needs me to push him and run from behind so I can work off my own collection of "baby fat".

5 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Yay for spring! You guys really got hit with the snow. Which always makes me wonder-- do I really want to move back to UT?

pamela said...

maybe it really will start to feel like you just live down the street!!

annek said...

Enjoy the weather! I am a bit jealous of the sidewalk in those pictures. We still have too much snow to completely enjoy this 1st day of Spring.

Jeni Boston said...

Hooray for spring!!

The Unprocessed Project said...

There is nothing I love more than springtime. Yipee!