12/17/2007

Our Big Night Out!

So AFTER the stress of the lost baggage was over and my toenails looked pretty, I was able to take a long, hot, steamy shower and wrap myself in the hotel's cozy robe. I'm really no robe fan, but when they have one that is worn in and washed hanging in the bathroom, awaiting your use, I felt like I had to take advantage of it.

So here I am enjoying taking my time getting ready...After the makeup and hair were complete I put on my new fancy shmancy dress, new flats, and new jewels. There's something about a huge belly and growing nose that doesn't make you feel quite so lovely, but I was comfy, clean and presentable....that's all that matters.Preston stuck with his same Christmas party outfit that has been 4 years running now. No one seems to notice or care...why can't I get away with that? Here we are together....And we can't leave out the reason why the party is even enjoyable to us....our friends, The Tremaynes....When booz, profanities, and making a fool of yourself aren't really your thing it's nice to have someone to just sit, talk and laugh with. Their little Johnny came along in his little suit too and was the best baby! We never could have gotten away with bringing Henry as a 7 week old to a formal party!!!

The rest of the evening consisted of the jumbo-ist shrimp I have ever seen, some amazing Seafood Chowder with warm rolls, some weedy greens with raspberry dressing, filet mignon, lobster tail with butter (not really my thing), potatoes, asparagus, irish creme cake and raspberry cheesecake. Not to mention the gazillion Shirley Temples I downed.

The night ended for us when the 80's dance music began and a few drunken souls showed off their subpar dancing skills.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You looked fabulous! So does that dress totally work as maternity? I may need to order something like that...

Melinda said...

You look fantastic! How fun to have a weekend away alone!

Jessie said...

Yes, Jenn...it totally does! I ordered 2 because I wasn't sure if they would work, but both of them are great for maternity. They are empire waste and just flow from there. Plus, you can wear them when you're not preggo too!

Unknown said...

So smashing, love the outfit.
Im going with girl, don't remember the nose thing with Hen, let the OB nurse tell you some info,
Higher amounts of estrogen during pregnancy can contribute to swelling in the mucous membranes lining the nose and even cause you to make more mucus. What's more, the amount of blood in your body increases and your blood vessels expand during pregnancy, which can lead to swollen nasal membranes as well. Other hormones may also play a role.

pamela said...

i really think you just liked the night because there was soup and rolls. and what?? you don't like robes? what is wrong with you? you need to come try mine out. i live in that thing.

The Unprocessed Project said...

I love the outfit!

So, is your nose seriously growing? I can't really tell in the pics, but that is the strangest thing I've ever heard of!!!

Shayna said...

sorry about the chatoic trip, but at least you looked great! ps i would just like to say i am completely familiar with the pregnant nose growing thing and if its any consolation it doesn't look like yours is:)

Jeni Boston said...

You look gorgeous! Glad you guys made it back safely!!

Jessie said...

Yes, Katie, another thing to look forward to during pregnancy....your nose swells. Most women don't have the swollen nose until just before they give birth, but for one reason or another mine decided to prematurely expand.