11/16/2007

disorganization

I sent out one of those "describe me in one word" emails not too long ago, and I believe that 13 out of 15 of the words I got back were "organized". Well, I'm posting this picture to prove you guys wrong. Today is cleaning day, but part of the way through the process I decided that Henry's room needed some serious dejunking, so we got a little side project going on. He still had some 18 month clothes in his closet and 6 month socks (how did I miss those the last 21 months?), thus the humongous pile. So we did some serious digging to get rid of all of his oldies. It's really disappointing when you seriously organize one area of your home other parts just get dumped on and need more organizing. See, now I have to take all of these old clothes downstairs to be re-sorted into bins for storage for future children. It's a never-ending process, but it's very cleansing....inside and out.

By the way, thank you to the two people who replied to my email with the words "thoughtful" and "perfect". I was beginning to think my organization was a terribly bad habit and found both of these descriptions very refreshing and extremely flattering.

4 comments:

Jeni Boston said...

I disagree! The fact that you are cleaning out Henry's closet and taking the clothes to the "bins" downstairs means that you are organized! All of Lily and Owen's clothes end up in a big pile in our basement. When you are done, do you want to come organize my basement?? Just kidding!

PeavoyMom said...

Hi, I know you don't know me, but I saw your link on Ambers blog, and checked your blog out. Your blog is beautiful, and your story about your son praying really touched me, it brought tears to my eyes. I would have to agree with roadrunner though, you are very organized, and your "disorganization" blog further proves it, but it's not a bad thing AT ALL, in fact, most of us need a little of your disorganization in our lives. Anyways, if I were to describe you in one word I would say "inspiring." Thankyou for boosting my day with joy.
Kym

Unknown said...

Clear the clutter, that is my motto, I wish I had time to do it, good job jess!

Anonymous said...

You forgot my word....desitin! Don't disregard our bonding moment, missy!
kisses,
S.