1/22/2007

Transformation

Man, all of this unpacking and painting is a LOT of work! The days are flying by.....I have even been forgeting meals at times and that isn't like me at all! Today I managed to get our office all set up.....all without Preston's help, I must add. I was awfully impressed with myself....usually I just leave all of the computer stuff in a pile for him to deal with, but I took it on this time and it is all up and running! He was quite impressed by my performance as well!

Anyways, I took a few before shots I wanted to post so that I could post the after shots in a few days or a few weeks (however long it takes to get this place into tiptop shape, I guess), and so you guys could see the transformation.

This is the main living area where we resided for almost a week while we were waiting to paint our bedroom. Henry loved having the bed in the middle of the room to jump on (and fall of of) and roll around on. I called this our "loft". We really were living out of one room of our house (minus the bathroom, of course).


And here's the office....painted, but not set up. This actually turned out to be Preston's favorite paint color that we chose.....it's called "Skyline Steel" and is a nice mix between blue and gray.

Lastly, here's Henry's room half way done. After painting 3 rooms on Saturday my mother-in-law wanted to keep on painting some more....so we rushed to Home Depot for "Neptune Blue" to paint Henry's bedroom and didn't finish until 11pm. I was so grateful for her motivation and help! We only painted half way down the wall because we will be putting up beadboard sometime soon. The picture makes the color look royal blue, but it's closer to a navy blue.

Preston and I have a running list of house projects that I'm thinking will last us until retirement. Being a person who loves making lists and checking things off at a rapid pace, this will take some getting used to.

Off to bed so I can do some more transforming tomorrow.....Good night.

2 comments:

pamela said...

you're so impressive. you get more done in a day than i do in 5 years.

annek said...

Great work! I can wait to see more pictures!