1/08/2007

"I told you so"

We ran out of dish soap yesterday and are moving in just a week, so Preston got this great idea to use dish soap in the dishwasher (the cheapo that he is). He wasn't going to tell me...I just noticed he had put it in while he was loading the dishwasher. Hmmm....I'm not sure if I have seen it on TV or what, but I KNOW that dish soap causes MAJOR bubbles when used in a dishwashing machine! So, I tell my dear husband that. Well, the scientist that he is, decides that I am completely wrong and it will be just fine.

I immediately call my in-laws to straighten out his thinking...I just knew that my handy mother-in-law Janeen would know you just can't put dish soap into a dishwasher and would talk him out of it. Well, 4 testimonies later he STILL decides to start the dishwasher with dish soap in it.

This is what I found him in the kitchen doing less than 5 minutes later....

Notice the bubbles all over the floor AND filling up the dishwasher....


So he spent the evening cleaning the floor, cleaning the bubbles out of the dishwasher, and cycling it over and over again with just hot water (repeating steps 1 and 2).

Poor guy! If only he had listened to his loving wife!

I love ya, babe!

2 comments:

pamela said...

i'm glad to see you wrote "HE spent the entire night cleaning it up..."

poor prest. so smart in so many ways..

Anonymous said...

what about the other ways...not so smart