9/15/2006

Take Me Out to the BallgameS!

As many of you know, Preston and I have a lifelong goal to see a major league baseball game at every stadium across the country. We both share a love of the game....one of the few things we actually have in common, although we get along very well, I must add! Preston was actually first attracted to my "toughness" while playing catcher in my high school days...until later he came to know the real me....not so tough after all.

Anyways, our summer vacation was planned around seeing the Yankees, Mets, and Bluejays play. Once my family heard we were going to NY, they decided to come along too!

Here we are at Yankees Stadium...it was rainy and we were way out in the bleachers, but we were there....that's all that counts! Luckily it was a giveaway day and we got free beanies to keep us warm! Henry really enjoyed clapping along when everyone else was cheering!

We journeyed on to the Mets game a few days later. My parents went with us. This time we had much better seats and were really able to enjoy the game...no rain either!


While at the Mets game my mom attempted to enjoy an ice cream cone from a vender....next thing I know, I looked over to see this......Henry has STOLEN her ice cream cone! He ate *almost* the entire thing! My mom thought he would stop once he got to the cone, but she was mistaken. This kid LOVES his ice cream!


Our last stadium stop was at the Rogers Center in Toronto Canada to see the Bluejays play the Indians. Here's my boys checking out batting practice...


Even though 2 out of the 3 games ended in a loss for the home team, the best part was just being there. It's all about the ambiance and enjoying the game. Oh, and we can't forget the peanuts and crackerjacks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Henry has been to more pro b-ball games than I, kbsay