11/30/2014

ThankFULL


It's been a great Thanksgiving!
A month ago I was really struggling with what I was grateful for...I knew I was extremely blessed, but I was down on my physical health which spreads to all other areas of life.  I've had a 2 1/2 month battle with nerve problems and still have no diagnosis (which can be really good news), but it's mentally exhausting and almost a "mind game" to pull yourself out of the doom and gloom of chronic pain.
I still hurt and still worry, but this past week has been really good to me.  I have the best people in my life and Heavenly Father has given me so many tools to find happiness and hope even during trials.
I still hope and pray everyday that I can released from these physical trials, but in the meantime I'm also taking it a day at a time and trying to have an attitude of gratitude, despite the struggles.

In Sacrament today I heard again the much-loved quote by President Hinckley...
"I am asking that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight".

That's my goal for this holiday season.  Be happy- today.  Seek out the good things.  
Because I know if I do I will find them.

Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments: