6/14/2012

He's a winner. I'm a loser.

Last weekend the Young Women in our ward put on a carnival in the neighborhood.
The kick-off event was a children's biathlon. 
Both of our boys were pumped to participate in the race.
Henry kept saying that he hoped he would win.  We all know he's very competitive 
and gets very upset when he loses.  So, I prepped him to lose.  I told him that there were a lot of people
participating and that he should do his very best and have fun but that he probably wouldn't win.
I then told him how I've ran quite a few races and have never won, but I've always had fun (well, mostly).

We then sent them off on their bikes to get ready to race.

At the starting line...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Racers are ready...
Photobucket

And they're off...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy to be in the lead...
Photobucket

Happy to be doing the same thing as his big brother for once...
Photobucket

Headed for the finish line...
Photobucket

The finish line was a slip and slide...
Photobucket

Henry ran back to me to report that indeed he had won the race.
I felt like a loser.  I just coached my kid to lose and he won.  He proved me wrong.
Photobucket

Maybe he didn't get my running speed, or maybe he was the only kid that left his helmet on to run back.
Who knows.

They were both glad to have done the race...
Photobucket

We enjoyed the rest of the carnival, especially the face painting...
Photobucket


No comments: