1/01/2012

one little word


I'm not great at New Year's Resolutions, but I try.
And I love me some goals.
I'm a dreamer that way.
This year I'm jumping on the "one little word" bandwagon.

My word is LISTEN.
I'm not a great listener.
A lot of times I just get too busy and don't stop to take a minute to listen to my kids or husband.
Sometimes I talk too much in general and don't just give a lending ear.
Often I overeat and don't listen to my body.
I know that Heavenly Father wants me to have the Spirit with me,
but quite frequently I'm just too overwhelmed to listen.
But this year, I'm going to try to have my little word, listen, resonating in my head & heart.
And maybe, just maybe...
I can stop and listen to my kids.....really listen and let them be heard.
I can give my husband a few minutes to talk and me not interrupt.
I can listen to my body....work it hard and feed it a little better.
I can listen to the Spirit and allow it to be a guiding force in my life.

Let me hear what your resolutions are!
After all, I need a jumpstart to practice my listening...


4 comments:

sarita said...

Love it! I saw this on pinterest (from Allie who no doubt got it from you) and LISTEN was the first word that popped into my mind. So many possibilities. A great way to start the new year.

Unknown said...

Im going with soak in!! Tolerance, patience & flexibility were a close 2nd.

Kathy said...

My word for 2012 is Organize. My house, time, money and mind could all use some work in this area.

Mandy said...

Listen here friend...Thats a hard one for me too ;)